Hey hey, I’m so excited to share this delicious egg-free brownies with you loves. You can make these brownies without eggs or milk and bring them to an event where you know allergies are an issue.
This is a simple recipe from Vital Proteins. Since they make grass-fed protein and marine peptides that are 1000x Ashlee approved, I had to share them with you. If you walked into my kitchen right now, you would see at least 6 different proteins in my smoothie shelf.. Seems like you should learn more about them for yourself. You won’t regret it!
In November, when we were in Africa, we took the protein each day and my nails got so dang long. Seriously, I was like what the heck is going on and then it clicked. Interestingly, it was a cool experiment I didn’t even know I was doing on myself. Most of all, my husband got a few new mustache hairs which was a big deal to him (hahahah). Finally, enjoy this & be sure to let me know how you like it!
My (modified) Recipe for Egg-Free Brownies
9 oz. dark chocolate chips (love these)
1/4 c. coconut oil or ghee (my favorite: fourth & heart)
2 bananas (smashed)
1/2 c. light canned coconut milk (cheapest)
1/4 c. maple syrup or raw local honey
1 tsp. vanilla & 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 2/3 c. almond flour
1/4 c. cacao powder & 3 T. ground flax meal
2 t. Vital Proteins
1 t. baking powder & 1/2 t. sea salt
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees F & grease a 9X9 or 7X11 glass dish
- separate the chocolate chips in 1/2 and add 1/2 of them to a glass bowl with 1/4 c. coconut oil (simmer a little bit of water in a small pot & place the bowl in to melt the chocolate)
- add the banana, coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla and ACV into a mixer and mix, slowly pour in the melted chocolate mixture
- in a separate bowl: mix together almond flour, cacao powder, flax meal, Vital Proteins, baking powder, sea salt & the remaining 1/2 of the chocolate chips (pour into the wet ingredients)
- let the mixture rest for a 2-3 minutes and clean up a bit 😉
- mix again, pour the batter and spread evenly into the baking dish
- bake for 50 minutes or until it seems done to you and your tastebuds
You have to make these brownies!
Go ahead, try these milk and egg-free brownies! Vital Proteins gave me a link for you guys to try their protein out. Since I know you would buy them anyways, I am thankful they offered this link. Again, they help keep Simplholistic up & running which means more goodness for you. So, tell me your favorite childhood dessert below in the comments! Need more inspiration, try my vegan cheesecake or this chocolate bark!
You can also get this FREEBIE. It’s my grocery store guide that people are raving about. Why not, it’s free!